This quilt is about 10 years old.
I pieced and quilted it on a mechanical Kenmore. It was not easy. And, that doesn’t even take in account that I had no clue how to machine quilt.
I had thrown this quilt in the trash, after I finished it. I was so unhappy with the results, and I thought it looked like crap. My oldest daughter rescued it from the trash. She said, “You are not throwing this away. I’m keeping it even if it looks like crap.” So, I slapped a label on it, “even if it looks like crap 1” (knowing there would be more, and I didn’t disappoint. lol) There would be a long standing series of “even if it looks like crap”. lol
Anyway–she used this quilt to death! It is stained. It has giant holes in it. Batting is popping through. Stitches are coming undone. And, the binding was all but shredded to pieces. But, back then I made huge mistakes. I used low grade muslin for piecing the front and the backing. You get what you pay for when you make those choices. But, I didn’t know then what I know now.
New binding and lots of cleaning up threads and such, I have grown to love this awful quilt. lol It is a clear-cut reminder of my progress. =)