I have decided to take a stab at designing my very own unique primitive quilt. This is my first block. It’s called, “Lady Bug Picnic”.
It’s a bit wonky, but it isn’t anything I can’t work with. Homespun is not easy to work with at times. But I actually love the “organic” twists and stretches that come into play with them. BUT, to combat some of that stretch, I’m gonna try to spray starch the homespun before cutting them.
I have two other blocks ready to go. But, time is short for the rest of this week. 😦
This is a quilt that I finished last week. We call it “Papaw’s Quilt”. I had covered Papaw up with the kids’ monster quilt. And, my grandson says, “Damma that’s me and Kate’s quilt.” I said, “but Papaw is cold”.
His response…”Noooooo. Damma make Papaw his own quilt”.
So I did. lol
So now…February has been delegated to “finishing” any quilt tops that can be done on the Juki. Most of them are charity quilts, so they are not large quilts and can easily be completed in February, and not tie up my sewing machine.